Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Breaking news on Nicebirdrox.com?



Is it possible that Nicebirdrox.com actually has some news to break? Well, this cub reporter stumbled across some fascinating datapoints just before departing London town.



There I was, trying to make use of the library at London's Courtauld Institute of Art when I happened upon the happy students, proud parents and relieved professors all preparing for graduation ceremonies.



The smiliing faces were numerous, their joy infectious.



But, among these throngs, I happened to note someone who looked very familiar.



And, unless I was completely mistaken, his famous partner was also in attendance.



Sure enough, Old Ken had spied none other than T.J. Clark, famed Marxist art historian of modernism. Clark was in town along with his partner, the art historian Anne Wagner, to deliver the commencement speech at the Courtauld and to receive an honorary degree. Can I say it? What a scoop!